Invisalign braces have become a popular option nowadays. Teeth can be straightened, the spaces between them can be adjusted, and those with bite problems can be treated without any need for full mouth metal braces. Invisalign makes the same adjustments just as the braces, but it is made of a medical-grade plastic making the aligner invisible. In that way, your smile isn’t affected, while your teeth are fixed.
What are the dental issues that can be treated by Invisalign?
Invisalign can help treat specific dental issues, such as:
- Spaces and gaps between teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
What is the process used to get Invisalign treatment?
At first, the dentist takes an initial assessment to assess the situation. The impressions and measurements are taken and sent to the lab. There, Invisalign is created based on the images created on a 3D video software called ClinCheck, for a perfect custom fit.
Invisalign braces, being specifically customized and created, is made sure to fit your mouth. As the aligners are applied to the teeth, they keep applying pressure to move teeth in the needed direction. Dentist checks if the force applied by aligners is in the right place, also the right amount as well. The improvements can be observed almost immediately, but it will take time for the teeth to get into the desired position.
What are the benefits of getting Invisalign?
Invisalign has lots of benefits, such as:
- Invisalign is convenient if compared with traditional braces.
- The aligners are made of medical-grade plastic and are clear, so no one will even know that you are straightening your teeth.
- They only need to be worn for a few hours in a day, making you eat, go for special occasions, comfortably and happily.
- It is easy to brush and floss your teeth without any need for additional tools.
- There is less risk of teeth getting stained as compared to metal braces, which make it difficult to maintain and clean.
- The whole process is much more comfortable than metal braces as the aligners take their time to move teeth and focusing only on a few teeth at a time.
- Aligners can be maintained easily, and the same aligner can be used over a couple of weeks.
How to care for the aligner?
Caring for your aligner is easier than you think. Being removable, your customized aligner can be removed from the oral cavity while brushing and flossing. It is essential to remove the aligner and rinse it in warm water regularly. You also need to use a soft toothbrush to brush them.
Call us at (831)-464-8286 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Boger for a consultation at our office in Capitola, CA.