Missing teeth can make people feel embarrassed; they hide their smiles and even lose faith in themselves. The space created by the missing teeth can easily get infected with bacteria. This can lead to the shifting of other teeth, which can make it hard to speak or eat correctly. Dental implants can help in regaining self-confidence, with improved health, preparing you to approach life boldly.
What is the process of installing dental implants?
In the beginning, the mouth and jawbone are examined to determine if a dental implant is the right option for you. The procedure can be carried out only if you have healthy gums and strong jawbone. The treatment for any cavities or gum disease is given prior to the dental implant procedure.
An implant that looks just like a screw is surgically embedded into the jawbone. The implant takes a while to heal, during which temporary crowns installed to help you speak and eat normally. As the implant heals, an abutment is placed on it. It acts as the base for your new tooth. The dentist then takes an impression of the mouth to create a permanent restoration in a dental lab. As the restoration gets ready, you can get them placed permanently.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
The advantages of dental implants are as follows:
- Implants are a secure and comfortable fit, as well.
- They look and feel just like natural teeth
- They won’t slip like normal dentures
- There is no need for any help from other adjacent teeth to hold an implant in place
- They are very convenient as you can talk and eat normally
- You don’t have to worry about that missing space/teeth anymore
How to care for dental implants?
- Implants are easy to care for. They are durable and secure as the dental prosthetics is created by a synthetic root system which makes them not to fall out or become loose. In order to maintain implants:
- The patient must maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth regularly.
- You need to get regularly examined and have dental cleanings at least twice a year. This is done to keep your teeth clean teeth and ensure that they are healthy.
- Your jawbone needs to be in good health. Any severe infection or gum disease can ruin them, leading to failure of the dental prosthetics.
Call us at (831)-464-8286 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Boger for a consultation at our office in Capitola, CA.